TBC Customer Care Service Technician – Birkenhead, UK
TBC Ltd is a provider of vehicles for Mobility Customers across the UK. A Customer Care Service Technician provides an In Life Service to make home visits and carry out service checks and minor vehicle repairs.
Motability Operations are to provide all their WAV Customers (wheelchair accessible vehicles) a better in life experience. This will see customers receiving many more visits over the life time of their vehicle. Each customer will receive an annual visit from a technical professional 4 weeks to 48 months after taking delivery of their new vehicle. Customer Care Technicians will call with customers across North and South region of the UK.
To carry out repairs and maintenance ensuring the work is carried out professionally and to the customers satisfaction. To ensure the work is completed on time. To complete work using the ‘right first time approach,’ minimising rectification. To ensure that each opportunity is taken to continuously improve individual working methods and standards.
• Complete home visit and report if the vehicle is meeting mobility “in life service“ requirements.
• Observe if the customer is satisfied with their vehicle;
• Assist the customer with any practical, technical or operational issues they may have;
• Carry out service checks on each vehicle and complete minor repairs if required;
• Receives the vehicle and carries out repair or maintenance as instructed and to manufacturer standard;
• Reports current and potential future faults and service requirements noticed whilst working on the vehicle;
• Safeguards and protects all vehicles during work with appropriate seat covers and mats to ensure vehicle cleanliness;
• Taking extra precautions whilst working on a vehicle to safeguard the vehicle and components from any damage;
• Responsibility for good housekeeping;
• Completes the job card to reflect all work carried out;
• Ensures that all hours and materials used are accurately used and recorded;
• Ensures the correct use of all plant, tools and machinery belonging to the company;
• Report any damages or defect equipment to their line manager;
• Minimises wastage of all materials, oils and fluids;
• Understands and complies with all appropriate legislation relevant to the department, including COSHH;
• Complies with all Health and Safety legislation to ensure safety and well being of self, colleagues, customers and visitors;
• Road test vehicles to ensure repairs have been completed correctly, the vehicles issue(s) have been resolved and to customer satisfaction;
• Sign off on job cards when jobs have been fully and accurately completed;
• Liaises with management to advise them of work progress;
• Take responsibility for your actions and decisions;
• Follow safe working practices.
• You will use your technical knowledge and skills to carry out repairs and maintenance on vehicles, to a professional standard, enabling efficient, economic and safe servicing and repair of customer vehicles.
• Travelling to and from Customer Homes – may require overnight accommodation to meet customer requirements
• A Mechanical qualification is essential with a minimum of 4 years working on commercial vehicles;
• Practical experience with vehicle conversions is desirable but not essential;
• A Full driving licence is essential as the customer base is spread over a large geographical area;
• Must possess strong IT skills, preferably ECDL level;
• Strong knowledge of mobility and consumer law, compliance, trading standards and motor trade legislation.
• Ability to pay attention to detail through a logical work approach;
• Ability to communicate effectively with workshop controller and service manager;
• Work independently in a busy, active environment with little supervision and direction;
• Learn continually about product and technical information;
• Ability to deal with demanding physical work;
• Ability to drive within DVA regulations and taking extra precautions with all vehicles at all times;
• Full Driver Licence’s is mandatory for role
• Ability to use the most appropriate tools and machinery applicable to the job.
Department / Function: Aftersales
Closing Date - Tuesday 29th September 2020
Apply online here