TBC (Taxi and Bus Conversions Ltd) in Dungannon is a leading specialist vehicle converter for wheel chair accessible vehicles (WAV), minibuses, taxi and commercial vehicles supplying the private, fleet, commercial, community and Motability markets across the UK and Ireland.
Currently employing 63 staff the company's success has been based on matching its extensive accrued knowledge of the vehicle conversion business. eg, refrigerated commercials, with an in-depth appreciation of their clients' needs, ensuring each end user receives a durable conversion to match their specific requirements.
TBC are also an Integrated Partner with VW commercial vehicles. TBC also build a wheelchair accessible vehicle using the popular Volkswagen Caddy Maxi Life MPV, which is now available throughout the UK and Ireland via selected partners within the Volkswagen Commercial Dealer Network.
At a period of substantial growth and development TBC require a Workshop Production Manager.
The person appointed will be responsible to oversee 4 production team lines, (Caddy, Minibus, Sprinter and Specialist lines) within TBC. Each line has an appointed team leader.
Responsibilities will include:
• Reviewing daily and weekly production plans with the production team to ensure that weekly production targets are met together with a focus on quality improvement.
• Planning, controlling and ensuring effective utilisation of human, material and manufacturing resources
• Management of production workforce to maintain discipline and foster a positive working environment
• Managing and initiating cost reduction programmes within the production area to meet overall cost reduction targets
• Maintain costs in line with budget for area
The successful candidate will have gained several years' practical experience performing a supervisory role in a modern manufacturing environment. A third level qualification would be desirable, but not essential. Participation in Lean Manufacturing programmes and I or 6 Sigma would be an advantage.
Sound communication skills, both written and oral, together with some degree of computer literacy are essential, as are numeracy, analytical and planning skills. The ability to work to exacting deadlines in a demanding environment is a prerequisite to success in this role. This position brings excellent career prospects in an expanding company profile.
• Core Hours: Monday to Friday 08:00 – 17:00 Monday to Friday
• 30 days holidays Access to Healthcare plan, Automatic Enrolment with Pension Scheme and Company Life Cover plan;
• Manufacturer Training Programmes
• Access to Employee Car Purchase Schemes